M5: Choropleth Mapping


This week we worked on making a choropleth map of Europe and a proportional symbol representing wine consumption. At first, this lab was confusing since I do not know exactly where each country is located, and with some names of the countries being a different language threw me off. I can say now I am more familiar with Europe than when I started. For the color of this map I choose a light yellow that sequentially moves to green then to dark green. I choose green because it embodies land and money. I went with the a realistic basemap that had a nice shade of blue to represent the water. I could not use illustrator for some reason it was choppy and slow to respond and kept crashing on me. I wanted to outline the countries for the inset map then make a line form the outline to the inset map. Instead I made a transparent dashed line of the area that is needed a close view to the inset map. At first, I did not think it was possible to make my own symbol. I have not heard of the SVG format that ArcGIS Pro uses for their symbols. Once I found out that I can save my illustrations as an SVG file I knew that I was headed in the right direction. The highlight for this week was being able to make my custom symbol and then using it on my map.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M2: Typography

About me

M1: Map Critique