M4: Data Classification Methods

This week I learned about the different classification methods that are used in ArcGIS. The Classification methods we learned about were the Natural Breaks Method, The Equal Interval Method, The Quantile Method, and The Standard Deviation Method. All which presents data differently depending on the targeted audience. I did not know how important it is to choose the correct classification method and to normalize data. A simple mistake can hinder the end calculation tremendously. One of my favorite methods to use is the standard deviation method, I find it aesthetically pleasing to be able to use multiple colors to represent the characteristics of the map. I cannot wait till I get to use this tool in the real world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M2: Typography

About me